Martial Art: Battlefields
Follow the production process with us!
Are you wondering where we are in the production process? Check out the list below!
- Finalize printer files - In progress
- Funds released from Kickstarter - ~September 6th
- Order hard copy proofs - Waiting on funds from Kickstarter. It should take ~2-3 weeks to get to get the proofs once we place the order.
- Full production run - We will place the order when we have OK'd the hard copy proofs. The lead time for production is ~20-25 days.
- Shipping to the USA - Once the game is produced it will take ~45 days to get to the USA and our fulfillment partner in the UK by sea.
- Fulfillment - Once we receive the games we will begin shipping them to backers immediately. Standard postage times apply.
An expansion for Martial Art
Battlefields is the first expansion for Martial Art. It contains 24 new cards along with two new card types which will add exciting new dimensions of strategy to your games of Martial Art. Battlefields is currently live on Kickstarter!
In 1274 an invading Mongol fleet was destroyed in a typhoon, ending Kublai Khan's attempt to conquer Japan. A battlefield can be tumultuous; weather does not always cooperate. To represent this, weather cards are shuffled into the land deck at the start of the game. When a weather card is drawn, its effect continues until a new weather is drawn to replace it. Weather will affect the battles in unpredictable ways, forcing you to adapt your strategy to what the battlefield is giving you.
"Know the ground, know the weather; your victory will then be total." -Sun Tzu
Terrain cards may be played before battle to augment your battle card. Because terrain is played before battle but the effects don't happen until later, other players may guess your intention and act accordingly. Alternatively, terrain may be used as a feint to trick your opponents before you surprise them with an unexpected battle card.
Check out the video below for a quick tutorial.
After printing Martial Art in 2016 and playing many games since then, we realized that Geisha is by far the strongest card in the game. In fact it is so powerful that your success or failure in the game might often hinge simply on whether you happen to draw a Geisha.
With that in mind, we have split Geisha's effect into two separate cards which will replace the original Geisha in your base game: one to cancel battle cards and the other to cancel support. We believe that this change will enhance your games of Martial Art and provide for more balanced gameplay.
- 8 terrain cards
- 8 weather cards
- 8 war cards